A little bit of Sunshine in a glass
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt for a vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 cup granola
- Fresh mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Peel and dice the ripe mango into small pieces. Reserve a few mango pieces for garnish.
- In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt and honey (or maple syrup) until well combined. This will be the creamy layer of the dessert.
- In a separate container, mix the chia seeds with 1/2 cup of water or milk of your choice. Stir well and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- In serving glasses or jars, start layering the dessert. Begin with a spoonful of chis mixture as the base.
- Add a layer of diced mango on top of the yogurt.
- Next, spoon a layer of the honeyed yoghurt over the mango
- Finally, top each glass with a generous amount of granola, using your favorite variety or flavor.
- Optionally, garnish with a few reserved mango pieces and fresh mint leaves for added presentation.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to meld together. The chia seeds will also thicken further during refrigeration.
You can experiment with differing layers and adding other fruits such as Strawberries
This dessert is not only tasty but also provides a lovely contrast of textures and a healthy dose of nutrients from the chia seeds, mango, yogurt, and granola.